What you need to know about transforming your smile with Invisalign® treatment.
What is Phase 1?
As a child grows, their smile grows with them. And even with baby teeth, it may be the perfect time for children ages 6 to 10 to start orthodontic treatment. This is known as Phase 1 treatment.
What are the advantages of Phase 1 treatment?
Crowded teeth can make it hard to brush and floss well. Then it’s easier for plaque, tartar, and harmful bacterial to build up — and down the line, this can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Your crowded teeth can also get worse over time.
The goal of Phase 1 treatment is to develop young jaws and/or arches to make room for existing teeth and for incoming permanent teeth.
- Can prevent pre-existing bite issues from getting worse.
- Can fix existing teeth straightening conditions.
- Can improve the appearance of a growing child’s smile.
- Can help with oral habits such as thumb sucking or tongue thrusting.
- Can make Phase 2 treatment shorter and easier.
Can Invisalign First aligners be used for Phase 1 treatment?
Yes, Invisalign First aligners can fix a broad range of teeth straightening issues, including crowding, spacing, and narrow dental arches. Dr. Emannouil Inglezos Orthodontist can show you what Invisalign treatment can do for you.
Wondering if Invisalign is right for you?
Take our Smile Assessment to find out now.